Monday, October 4, 2010

Hospital

I said I would have a new one every Monday...so, here you are. I can't really tell you about the kids this week, cause I don't know.

I went to the Doctor Tuesday for trigger point injections in my neck. They are basically acupuncture with lyticane. The purpose is to numb the muscle so a physical therapist can manually work out the spasms.

i was getting 10 shots, on the fifth one i felt pain shoot down my chest and could not breath. on the sixth one pain got worse. Everyone blew it off as a panic attack and pumped me full of xanax while he finished the other 4.

I don't remember much after that except begging to go to hospital. I ended up with both lungs punctured and collapsed.

I was in ICU from Tuesday till Friday, when my first chest tube was removed. The second came out Saturday. I was released Sunday.

I am better... i can breath at least. I am unable to hold my children or care for them. They have to go to daycare for at least 3 weeks. I miss them so much.

well this is what has happened this week, there are no pictures obviously because no one wants to see me covered in bruises and bandages. I feel like I will never look the same again :(

No comments: